PowerSchool to Unveil New Innovations in its Differentiated Unified Classroom Platform at ISTE
Initiatives and innovations in PowerSchool’s 10.0 release further expands its Unified Classroom Platform, empowering teachers to improve all aspects of instruction, standard-based grading, classroom collaboration, and student performance.
June 23, 2016—Folsom, CA—PowerSchool, the #1 provider of K-12 education technology solutions, will present its comprehensive industry-first Unified Classroom Platform, including new innovations in the PowerSchool 10.0 release, at ISTE in Denver next week. Visitors will see demonstrations of PowerSchool’s comprehensive classroom platform and talk to teachers and administrators from districts of all sizes who are leveraging PowerSchool’s solutions to empower teachers and improve student learning.
PowerSchool 10.0 has many breakthrough innovations designed and developed by working closely with hundreds of teachers and educators in focus groups who were early adopters over the last year. One of its feature-rich enhancements includes PowerTeacher Pro, a newly designed digital gradebook optimized for both standards-based and traditional grading. Teachers can quickly view each student’s trends graphically, interface in real-time within parent and student portals, and save significant administrative hours through district-level configurations.
“We are so excited to finally use PowerTeacher Pro. We think this rendition of the gradebook will make the job for our teachers easier. The ability for administrators to push uniform settings to everyone will also help reduce the training we do each term. It means a lot to us that PowerSchool has listened to the users and built us the best gradebook yet,” said Betty Wagner of Hatboro Horsham School District in Pennsylvania.
“PowerTeacher Pro will be one of the greatest advancements for PowerSchool since the inception of the product. Thank you PowerSchool for investing in our teachers and our students and parents,” said Jerry Burch, Deputy Superintendent of Woodward Public Schools in Oklahoma.
Some key highlights of the 10.0 release to be unveiled at ISTE include:
- Unified Classroom flows that improve teacher productivity – PowerSchool 10.0 delivers many new process flows across PowerSchool’s Student Information System, Online Student Registration, and Assessment and Analytics solutions. Users will experience an increased level of productivity with the ability to manage instruction, assessments, grades, compliance, administrative tasks, and collaboration in PowerSchool’s Unified Classroom Platform.
- PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook – Designed and developed with teachers, the new Gradebook improves the teacher experience in managing both standards-based and traditional grading. It is a responsive, HTML-5 design that adapts to any computer or tablet to enable teachers to be effective anywhere and at any time. Easy-to-use charts/graphs provide a 360º view of student performance across all aspects.
- Graduation Planner – Enhanced reporting capabilities allow for data to be accessed directly in a streamlined process. It allows district-level configuration of tasks to fulfill graduation requirements and keeps students on track for graduation goals.
- Ad hoc comprehensive Enterprise Reporting – Users can enable the creation of custom reports that accommodate distinct data analysis requirements. Data can be viewed in a number of ways to more easily visualize and recognize significant and relative measures of data. Easier and streamlined reporting saves time and resources.
- Enhancements to highly adopted Mobile App – PowerSchool is one of the top K-12 mobile apps across the App store and Android platform adopted by more than 5 million users. Updates include enhanced accessibility for all users including readers to accommodate disabilities. It also provides new personalization with the ability to turn trending indicators on or off.
“Working with more than 1 million teachers nationwide, we’ve seen first-hand the daily hurdle educators face in the classroom trying to utilize technology to more effectively manage instruction. PowerSchool’s Unified Classroom platform innovates with capabilities in the new gradebook that allows teachers to more efficiently conduct their daily tasks, manage complex state and federal compliance, adopt standards-based or traditional grading styles, while also helping inform teachers on instructional outcomes with insights into student performance and learning trends,” said Hardeep Gulati, PowerSchool CEO.
The release of PowerSchool 10.0 comes on the heels of the announcement of PowerSchool’s teacher survey, an independent third party survey of 800 U.S. teachers and administrators, intended to understand their pain points and needs as it relates to educational technology for the classroom. Some key findings include:
• 97 percent of teachers agree that unifying classroom applications would allow them to spend more time teaching.
• 96 percent of all teachers and administrators feel it is important to have a single online interface that shows student performance.
• 67 percent of all teachers and administrators are looking for educational software and technology to help them save time.
• 89 percent of teachers and administrators feel that personalized learning models need improvement.
• More than 90 percent of teachers think it’s important for teachers and students to have access to technology in the classroom.
Visitors at ISTE can find PowerSchool at booth #1749 to learn more about the features of PowerSchool 10.0, the Unified Classroom Experience, and the PowerSchool teacher survey. Visitors can also enter to win one of 32 $1000 education grants PowerSchool will be giving away throughout the conference.
About PowerSchool Group LLC
PowerSchool is the #1 leading education technology platform for K-12, serving more than 57 million users, 20 million students, 36 million parents, and 70 countries around the world. We provide best-in-class, secure, and compliant online solutions, including a learning management system, student information system, registration and school choice, assessment and analytics, and special education case management. We empower teachers and drive student growth through innovative digital classroom capabilities, and we engage families through real-time communications across any device. Visit www.powerschool.com to learn more.