PowerSchool Load Process 2-Day Workshop - Hosted in IL
The PowerScheduler Load Process 2-day session is designed for schools that have not previously loaded a master schedule in PowerScheduler, are new to scheduling concepts, or need extra assistance in working through the preparation process. You need to have some key items in your PowerSchool server in order to work hands on. These include: courses, students, teachers, and possibly rooms. This course is designed for people who will need more assistance with setting up the parameters for their school.
- Introduce PowerScheduler and Load process
- Use demo data to discuss and evaluate setup items
- Brainstorm school specific items such as use of Teams, Buildings, or Houses
- Analyze Room, Teacher, Student, and course request page setup
- Walk through necessary setup of Courses, including valid Course Relationships
- Discuss use of Constraints -Download engine and demonstrate Load process
- Evaluate common errors in Load process
- Begin to work on individual school setup, focusing on specific “tricky” topics such as Course Requests screen setup and Constraints
PLEASE NOTE: A school will usually only attend either the Prepare to Build or Load classes based on the process they are completing. Experience Level: Attendees should have completed Instant Productivity Training. If this is not possible, attendees must complete a 3 hour overview session prior to attending a Load Only session. All attendees must be able to navigate PowerSchool, work on their own, and understand the basics of scheduling terminology. Before attending this class, please make sure your school’s PowerSchool information can be viewed via the Internet outside of your school’s internal network and/or firewall. Also, ensure that you are able to download the scheduling engine application and run the “Validate Only” option from the Load link in PowerScheduler from outside of your school’s internal network and/or firewall. Attendees should download materials prior to attending.
NOTE: If you already took Prepare to Build, you probably need to take a Build Workshop rather than this class.
Hosted in Downers Grove, Illinois.Register
Sign-up for this event requires having access to PowerSource, PowerSchool’s online resource knowledgebase and activity center for customers. If you don’t have access to PowerSource, contact your system administrator or IT department who can help you to get registered for the training event.